The 5th GCC Conference for Laboratory Proficiency
The 5th GCC Laboratory Proficiency Conference aims to achieve a set of immediate and future objectives, the most important of which are the following:
- Provide space for communication and dialogue between laboratories operating in the GSO Member States.
- Introducing the latest infrastructure of laboratories, accreditation and legislation in the GSO Member States.
- Investigation of laboratory needs and priorities from the proficiency testing programs.
- Support international recognition of the proficiency of laboratory activities in the GSO Member States.
- Distinguishing the expertise of the distinguished Gulf laboratories.
- Integration of the quality infrastructure of the GCC countries in the field of petroleum and petrochemicals … a catalyst for growth.
- Proficiency tests and their role in quality sustainability.
- Harmonization and integration in the application of standards at the Gulf and international levels … Enhancing industry and economy.
- Testing in the field of petroleum and petrochemicals.
- Standards and quality … supporting growth in the petroleum products and petrochemicals sector.
Officials and specialists in the proficiency of laboratories in the public and private sectors and the national standardization bodies in the GSO Member States.
GCC Standardization Organization was established in implementation of the Decision of GCC Supreme Council, in its 22nd session held in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, during the period December 30-31, 2011, and began its activities in 2005. Ad-hoc technical committees were formed to set up the GCC standard specifications and technical regulations on vehicles and their accessories, producing 83 GCC standard specifications and technical regulations applicable to vehicles and tires. In addition, 3,480 vehicle models were proven conforming to GCC standard specifications last year 2012, together with 20,571 types of tires from over 440 specialized companies worldwide.
Directorate General of Standards and Metrology – Oman
In pursuit of the GCC member countries and the Republic of Yemen to build confidence in the results of conformity assessment activities in the GCC single Market ; Member States established the ” GCC Accreditation Center GAC” who covers accreditation of testing and calibration laboratories, inspection bodies and certification bodies. The center is a key pillar within the infrastructure of conformity assessment of products and services in the GCC common market , and it accreditations contribute to the achievement of trust and credibility with the consumer towards the goods and products that are consumed or used.
The GAC regional establishment agreement was approved in the seventeenth meeting of the GSO Council of the standardization Organization of the Cooperation Council for the Arab Gulf States GSO (Riyadh, May 8, 2013 m) , the center started accreditation services for laboratories , inspection bodies and certification bodies since the 1st of January 2014.
Aware of the importance of international recognition of accreditation certificates , the Member States built a system in conformity with the international standards , which enabled the center to join the accreditation international community and got the membership of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) and the Asia Pacific Laboratory accreditation Cooperation (APLAC). The center actively participates in many committees of these organizations, and seeks to enhance and upgrade the level of accreditation services in Member States.
Company Organizer: Conference Execution Company “TopEx”
Location: Muscat – Sultanate of Oman, Sheraton Amman Hotel https://goo.gl/maps/EAw7f1Kuxgo
for Registration: https://www.gso.org.sa/training/course/2018102/en