The GSO represented by Standards and Metrology Department coordinates efforts among the Member States to issue GSO Standards in all areas, and those Standards cover a broad range of important goods, whether imported or manufactured locally which have a direct contact to consumer.
The GSO Technical Committees are an effective tool for technical professionals to contribute their expertise in the development of a unified Gulf standards. With the importance of making the Gulf standards in a manner of collective action at all levels to achieve high quality in the industry and establish a base to a systematized competition and the reduction of technical barriers to trade at member states level.
GSO encourages Guide for Standards Stakeholders’ Participation in the development of Gulf standards in both the public and private sectors (Stakeholders) through the national standardization bodies of Member States, to contribute to the following:
- Participate in the work of technical committees, sub- committees or task groups.
- Participate in the activities of technical committees of national Member States, corresponding to GSO technical committees.
- Proposing draft standards and technical regulations of high priority and an urgent need.
- Contributing to study and comment on GSO standards and technical regulations projects during the given period.
- Proposing a new technical committee.
GSO bank Account for stakeholder membership in GSO technical committees:
Account No. Name: GCC Standardization Organization
Bank: Banque Saudi Fransi
Branch: Al Riyadh Main Branch, Saudi Arabia
Swift code: BSFRSARIGEM
IBAN: SA56 5500 0000 0513 2350 0541