What is Aajel?
The system of rapid exchange of information related to the safety of products “Aajel” (Document No.: BD-111403-02) was approved by the decision of the Board of Directors of the Authority in its fourteenth meeting (Jeddah, August 09, 2011 AD).
After the General Regulations for Product Safety (Document No. BD-091005-04) were approved by the Authority’s Board of Directors in its tenth meeting (Muscat, May 24, 2009 AD), a regulation that provides the basic Gulf-accepted requirement for product safety while providing the necessary procedures for the concerned authorities and the manufacturer / supplier To be taken if a product is found to have exceeded a safety requirement.
- Ensuring the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the standardization body regarding the measures and procedures taken with regard to products destined for the consumer that may pose a critical risk to his health and safety;
- Informing member states and the standardization body of the existence of a critical risk, even if measures or actions are not taken in this regard;
- Obtain and complete information for all Member States regarding tracking information contained in these notifications.
Products to which Aajel and included in the general regulations for product safety apply
- That the products are directed to consumers and were sold or made available to them.
- To be used by consumers in reasonably conceivable circumstances, even if it is not directed at them.
- Products sold or made available to consumers through services provided to them such as lending and leasing.
Products excluded from Aajel
- Medicinal and veterinary drugs and radioactive materials with a medical effect.
- Implanted biomedical equipment, medical equipment, and orthotics-oriented medical equipment.
- Food products and animal feed.