GCC CA Scheme
GCC Member states agreed to introduce a new Regulatory System to control products in the its single market. The System is comprised of two sets of Technical Regulations (TR).
Regulatory System Concepts
7 of them are constituting the Horizontal Regulations applied to all products which are:
- GCC Conformity Marking TR. (Approved)
- The General TR for product Safety. (Approved)
- Conformity Assessment Modules. (Approved)
- Notified Bodies Selection and Notification. (Approved)
- Market Survey TR. (In Process)
- Product Liability (In Process)
- Rapid Exchange of Information (AGEL) (In Process)
The second set of TR are the Vertical Ones. Each is addressing a Category of Products such as:
- Toys (Approved)
- Low Voltage Devices-General (Approved)
It has been decided to launch the GSO Technical Regulation for Toys as a pilot project by 1 June 2010 and on Compulsory basis by 1- July 2011.
In June 2016, GSO the Low Voltage Devices Technical Regulation was launched. in its startegic plan 2016-2020, GSO has included at least 20 TRs for different sectors.