General Committee for Standards
The Committee has in its membership directors of national standards departments in the NSB's, chaired by the GCC chair state standards department director and GSO holds the secretariat.
Functions of General Committee for Standards
- Supervise the activities of technical committees of standards.
- Endorsement of the Gulf draft standards and submit them for approval by the Technical Council.
- Endorsement of the Gulf draft technical regulations submit them for approval by Technical Council and the Board of Directors.
- Approve the annual plans of technical committees, as well as sub-committees and task groups emanating from it and submit them to the Technical Council for approval.
- Follow up the implementation of annual plans by the technical committees, as well as sub-committees and task groups emanating from it, through the reports, and providing solutions to the obstacles that might hinder the implementation.
- Recommend approval of the formation of a new technical committees or subcommittees or working groups and raising the recommendation for approval by the Technical Council.
- Follow up all matters concerning the activities of Gulf Standards issued by the technical committees as well as sub-committees and task groups emanating from it, including (to change scope of work of the committees, modify action plans, etc ...)
- Perform all tasks assigned to it, and the powers delegated from the Technical Council.
- Guide the work according to GSO Technical Guides.
- Introduce periodic reports to the Technical Council about the activities of standards and obstacles at technical committees / sub committees level.