The Organization shall have a General-Secretariat to run its affairs. The General-Secretariat shall be presided by a Secretary- General who will be appointed for a period of three years renewable for only another office period. The Secretary-General shall undertake the following:
1. Prepare the strategies necessary for fulfilling the objectives of the Organization and implement such strategies after having them approved.
2. Prepare the annual and long-term and annual plans for the activities of the Organization in the light of the approved strategic objectives, and follow up implementation of the same after having them approved.
3. Prepare the draft annual budget of the Organization and follow up implementation of the same after having it approved.
4. Supervise preparation of the technical rules, standards and Gulf conformity Procedures in cooperation and coordination with the standardization organizations in the Member States.
5. Prepare the Organization's draft regulations, rules and technical manuals and the administrative and financial rules of the Secretariat-General, and supervise implementation of the same after having them approved.
6. Coordinate with the standardization organizations in the GCC Member States concerning deputation of their experts and technicians to participate in achieving the Organization's activities.
7. Appoint the Organization's personnel and approve all decisions of the Personnel Affairs in accordance with the relevant appointment policies and procedures.
8. Propose the chairmen and members of the standardization technical committees according to the nominations received from the Member States.
9. Represent the Organization at the other organizations.
10. Arrange for the meetings of the Board of Directors and the Technical Council and prepare the agenda for the same.
11. Prepare periodic reports on the Organization's activities and achievements, and the problems and difficulties hindering its progress, and propose recommendations for its development.
12. Carry out the tasks and powers entrusted to him by the Board of Directors and the Technical Council.