Many Technical experts from industry, associations, public administrations, academia and societal organizations are involved in the GSO network. The stakeholders of GSO are: National Standardization Bodies (NSBs) in GSO members, business, industry and commerce; service providers; consumer, environmental and societal organizations; public authorities and regulators; and other public and private institutions.
Most of these stakeholders are represented in the GSO through:
- 7 National members: National Standardization Bodies (NSBs) who constitute the final decision-makers within GSO;
- GCC organizations, associations and federations representing stakeholders such as business, industry, consumers, environmental and societal organizations, etc.;
- Governmental bodies and other authorities,
- International cooperation with ISO, IEC, and Codex Alimentarius.
- Relations and Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) with Regional Standardization Organizations, such as (CEN, CENELEC, ETSI), SMIIC, AIDMO, SARSO, CORSQ, etc, and other national standardization Bodies, such as, ASTM, SAC, KATS, SPRING Singapore, and TSE, etc