GSO has its own respective governance bodies: Board of Directors, Technical Board and General Secretariat, to ensure accountability, fairness, and transparency in GSO’ s relationship with its all stakeholders’ Members, customers, employees, government and private sectors, and the community).
In this page you may read the below topics
The GSO Council shall be composed of the competent Ministers responsible for standardization of each Member State.If the competent Minister of any Member State cannot participate, his representative shall be of the same rank as the minister.
Meetings of the GSO Council shall be attended by the Secretary – General of the Organization and the Assistant Secretary – General for Economic Affairs at the GCC General – Secretariat without having the right to vote.Chairmanship of the GSO Council shall rotate annually according to the State that preside the GCC.
Meetings of the GSO Council
- The GSO Council shall convene twice a year and may hold extraordinary meetings at the request of one third of the Member States.Meetings of the GSO Council shall be deemed valid if attended by two thirds of the Member States.
- The GSO Council may invite representatives from the public and private organizations interested in the standardization affairs at the Member States to attend its meetings without having the right to vote.
- Resolutions concerning the approval of the Gulf Technical Rules, amendment of the bylaws and opening branch offices of the Organization shall be taken by unanimous approval of the Member States.Resolutions of the Board of Directors concerning substantive matters are to be taken by unanimous approval of the representatives of the Member States present at the meetings.In procedural matters, resolutions and recommendations of the Board of Directors shall be taken by majority vote of the participants.In case ofa tie, the Chairman shall have the casting vote.
GSO Technical Council
Technical Council Formation and Meetings
- The Technical Council shall comprise of the presidents or officials of the standardization organizations of the Member States or their representatives.The Secretary – General of the Organization and a representative of the GCC General – Secretariat shall attend meetings of the Technical Council without having the right to vote.
- Chairmanship of the Technical Council shall rotate on an alternatively, and the Council sessions are to be chaired by the representative of the Member State that presides the Board of Directors at that time.
- The Technical Council shall hold ordinary quarterly meetings and may hold extra – ordinary meetings at the request of one third of its members.
- The Technical Council may invite other public and private organizations concerned with the standardization affairs in the Member States to participate in its meetings without having the right to vote.
- Meetings of the Technical Council shall be valid when the majority of the Member States are present.The resolutions and recommendations of the Technical Council shall be approved by majority vote of the members present.
Read more about GSO Bylaws