The GCC Standardization Organization (GSO) has a General-Secretariat to run its affairs. The General-Secretariat shall be presided by a Secretary- General who will be appointed for a period of three years renewable for only another office period.
The Secretary General
H.E. Mr. Saud Al-Khusaibi
Currently Holds the position as Secretary General of GCC Standardization Organization (GSO) Since April 2018.
His Excellency Mr. Saud Al-Khusaibi holds a Master’s Degree in Economics from the University of Hill in the United Kingdom and received a Bachelor’s Degree from Cardiff University in the UK.
His Excellency Mr. Saud Al-Khusaibi has already held the positions below:
- H.E. was appointed on November 02, 2014 as Director General of the General Directorate of Organizations and Commercial Relations in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- H.E. was the Director of the Industrial Planning and Studies Department
- H.E. was the Director General of the General Directorate of Standardization and Metrology at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- H.E. was the Member of the Technical Council of the GCC Standardization Organization(GSO)
Former Secretary General’s
Mr. Nabil Ameen Molla
GSO Secretary General (2012-2018)
H.E. Received a B.S. in Chemistry/Biology, from King Saud University, Riyadh/KSA in 1974 and M.A. in Chemistry, University of Denver, Colorado, USA, 1978.
His Excellency Mr. Nabil Ameen Molla has already held the positions below:
- H.E. was the Governor of Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) (2005-2012).
- H.E. led the GCC Accreditation Center (GAC) to be an internationally recognized body in (ILAC) when he was the Director General of the GCC Accreditation Center (GAC) until 20 June 2016.
- H.E. is Member of many National and International Organizations, such as Member of ISO Council (2011-2012), Member of the Council of Saudi Food and Drug Authority (2005-2012), Member and Secretary-General of King Abdul-Aziz Quality Award (2005-2012), Member of Saudi Consumer Protection Association (2008-2012), Member of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) (2008-2011) and Member of the Board of ASTM International (2014-2016).
- H.E. Represented the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in many meetings of Regional and International Standardization Organizations (GSO, AIDMO, ISO, IEC, OIML, BIPM, ILAC, IAF).
Dr. Rashid bin Ahmad bin Fahad
GSO Secretary General (2004-2008)
Ministry of Environment and Water (MOEW) Minister in 2008, His Excellency Dr. Rashid Ahmed Mohammed Bin Fahad was appointed as minister of UAE environment and water. He was born in 1964 in the emirate of Dubai. In addition to his ministerial position, he has been holding the position of chairman of Emirates Standards Authority since 2008.
- His Excellency Dr. Rashid obtained Ph. D. in civil engineering (Environment hygiene) from the University of Strathclyde, Scotland (UK) in 2001.
- He also holds Masters Degree (Ms. Sc.) in Ecology from the UAE University-Al Ain, where he graduated in 1994.
- In addition, he holds bachelor degree (B. Sc.) in chemical engineering from North Eastern University, Boston-USA in, where he graduated in 1989.
His Excellency Dr. Rashid Ahmed Mohammed Bin Fahad has already held the positions below:
- Secretary General for GCC Standardization Authority-Riyadh (KSA) from 2004 to 2008.
- Deputy Chairman of Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology Cooperation (ESMA) from 2005-2008.
- Deputy General Manager of Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology Cooperation (ESMA) from 2003 to 2004.
- President of Food and Environment Lab-Dubai Central Lab Department-Dubai Municipality from 1997 to 2003.
- Operations Manager-Dubai Municipality from 1989 to 1997.
- In addition, His Excellency is also a member of Zayed International Award for Environment
- Board member of American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM International).
Dr. Anwar Yousuf Abdullah
GSO Secretary General (2008-2012)
Currently serves as Bahrain’s Ambassador to the People’s Republic of China
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering – University of Bradford – United Kingdom
M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering – University of Bradford – United Kingdom
B.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering – Riyadh University – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Secretary-General of the Standardization Organization for the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GSO).
- Advisor to the Secretary General of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf.
- Director of Scientific and Technical Cooperation Department (Nuclear Energy Issue) – General Secretariat of the Cooperation Council.
- Director of Energy Department (Oil, gas, petrochemicals and metals) – Secretariat General of the Cooperation Council.
- Assistant Professor – Faculty of Engineering – University of Bahrain.
- Petroleum Engineer – Bahrain Petroleum Company.